If there is a social life of people today, it is virtual. Nowadays, people prefer to socialize with each other on the internet and social media instead of doing it the old fashioned way of visiting someone or having a backyard party. Now the online world is the hangout world for teens and adults, the playground for kids, and the market place for consumers. Therefore, everything in our lives in one way or another is influenced by online world.
One of the numerous platforms that has made its name in the online world among the users of online social networking platforms is Twitter. It has a massive number of followers and members, which makes it a cave of gold for businesses. All a business needs to know is how to dig the gold.
Today, I'll be discussing the problem faced by businesses in effective utilization of twitter for marketing purposes and the three ways of countering the problem.
Using Twitter as a marketing tool is challenging for many marketers, because many marketers do not know how to properly use Twitter. It's safe to say that many of them do not know how to utilize Twitter as a delivery mechanism to spread a message, and not knowing how to search properly within their target market. Not being able to search the desired niche and the big names within the niche is an issue. People, who don’t know how to search, make the common mistake of following whoever and whatever is available, which raises two types of issues:
- Following every one might not be reciprocated because those whom you follow might not consider your shared content worthy of being followed. Thus, all you would be doing is only following with no marketing advantage.
- All this blind following may also raise a red flag to twitter and it can punish you for following too many people without being followed. Therefore, there are chances of account suspension or the account going into black list of twitter.
Effective Ways of Utilization:
1. The first way of reaching your target audience through twitter is to use the default search option in twitter. All you need to do is to search for names, especially big names in your niche and twitter will give you their account. Then you can follow them and send them a message with a brief introduction of your business and its offerings, so they may follow you as well. Moreover, if you don’t want to follow the big guns directly, then network with those who follow the big guns. One way or another you will reach audience of your respective niche.
2. The other way of getting a responsive following for your business from twitter is by using the default search option with company names in it. You can type the company name of your niche and you’ll get the company account in search result. The next thing you need to do is to follow the company and network with people who follow it. They all will be from your niche, thus the chances of responsive following and the consequent effective marketing increase
3. The third way of finding responsive followers from your niche is by using the #hashtag search option. The hashtag option basically highlights the content. Therefore, if you wish to search for niche-relevant content, then just put the # symbol before the keyword in the search bar and you will get all the tweets that have used the particular keyword. Thus, you know the people who are tweeting the same information as you intend to do, hence you can easily follow them and increase the chances of responsive following which will automatically translate into better marketing.
It’s Your Turn!
Twitter is a great platform for marketing only if businesses utilize it in the right way, don’t you think? Do you have any other tips on how to effectively utilize twitter as a marketing platform? How has your business benefited from the use of twitter? Share your thoughts in the comments section and I look forward to reading them!
To your Success,